Requirements to Officiate
- If you are a new official, please contact us with your information. email@example.com
- Join USLacrosse. Register at uslacrosse.org Indicate that you want a membership as an official. Our Board is Northern California.
- Complete Training Requirements: Online Courses, Classroom Training, Field Training.
- Pass the USLacrosse Women’s Official Rules Test.
- Update your ARBITER account. All officials who successfully complete training and testing will be sent a link to register with Arbiter. Officials must check their email and keep their Arbiter account current throughout the season.
- Sign up for Ref Pay and link to Arbiter Account.
- Pay NCWLUA Dues.
WHO CAN OFFICIATE?
Adult Officials are defined as being 18 years of age or older on or before March of that year and have graduated from high school. The rating status will indicate what levels each Adult Official can officiate indicated below as per the US Lacrosse Women’s Manual Policy.
- Apprentice – in training to control lower level games such as U15, Middle School, and Junior Varsity. May officiate some high school varsity games
- Local – capable of officiating Youth, Middle School, Junior Varsity and Varsity level games
- District – capable of officiating Youth, Middle School, Junior Varsity and Varsity level games and many levels of the College game
- National – capable of officiating Youth, Middle School, Junior Varsity and Varsity level games and all levels of the College game
All Officials must complete training requirements.
Junior Officials are defined as being under 18 years of age or in high school, who may only officiate Youth games. Please see the NorCal Chapter – Officials committee for details on youth officiating.